Page 6 of 14
F. ARTICLE 5: OFFICERS AND EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
1. Officers: The officers of the Association, shall be elected by all the voting members of the Association, and shall be the President, the President-Elect, Past President, four (4) Vice Presidents, Secretary, Treasurer, and other officers as the Board of Trustees may determine.
Additionally the Vice President Training and Certification Council will be appointed by the Board on the joint recommendation of the Chairs of the Training and Certification Council Training Standards committee and the Board of Certification.
No person may hold more than one office at the same time. Officers will serve staggered terms of office as defined in the Guidelines.
2. Term of Office: Except for the President-Elect and the Past President, the officers shall serve for a period of three (3) years commencing at the end of the Annual General Meeting following their election, or January 1st of the year following their election, whichever occurs first. They shall not hold the same office for more than two (2) consecutive terms. The President-Elect shall serve only one (1) year. All office bearers other than the President are eligible for re-nomination to the same office for one additional term of office.
If nominated and elected the President may serve a maximum of four (4) successive terms: One (1) year as President Elect, three (3) years as President, one (1) year as Past President and one three year term as a trustee either before or after serving in the presidential series of terms in office.
3. Office Commences: All office bearers shall commence their terms of office beginning January 1st of the year immediately following their election.
4. Removal: Subject to the rights, if any, of an officer under any contract of employment, any officer may be removed, with or without cause, by a vote of two-thirds (2/3) of those Trustees at a meeting of the Board.
5. Vacancies: A vacancy in any office for any reason shall be filled by the Board of Trustees for the unexpired portion of the term.
6. President: The President shall be the principal executive officer of the Association. Subject to the control of the Board of Trustees, the President shall supervise and direct the Office Manager in carrying out policies set by the Board of Trustees. The President shall preside at all meetings of the membership, at all meetings of the Board of Trustees, and at all meetings of the Executive Committee.
The President with the approval of the Board of Trustees may sign on behalf of the Association all documents, contracts and other instruments or may delegate, with Board approval, this authority to the Office Manager except when the signing and execution thereof shall be expressly reserved to the Board of Trustees, by these Bylaws or by statute, or to some other officer or agent of the Association.
7. Term of President:The ITAA President will serve consecutively one, (1) year-term as President Elect, one three (3) year term as President, and one (1) year term as Past President.
8. Vice Presidents: The Vice Presidents shall have specific responsibilities as designated by the Board of Trustees, and shall be provided with a copy of the policies, rules, and duties of the office. The Vice President with responsibility for Operations will perform the duties and exercise the powers of the President in the absence of or in the event of the death, disability, or unwillingness to serve the President.
9. President-Elect: There shall be nominated and elected a President-Elect, who shall take office at the end of the Annual General Meeting following his/her election, or January 1st of the year following his/her election, whichever occurs first. The President-Elect shall serve for one (1) year, and succeed to the office of President commencing at the end of the next Annual General Meeting or January 1st of the year following thereafter if the Annual General Meeting does not occur.
10. President Vacancy: In the event of the death, or the disability or unwillingness to serve, of both the President and Vice President (Operations), another Vice President will be appointed by the Board of Trustees to perform the duties and exercise the powers of President until a new election for President-Elect can be held and the duly elected President-Elect takes office and performs the duties and carries out the powers of the President for that three-year (3-year) term.
11. Secretary: The Secretary shall oversee and be responsible for a full and complete record of the proceedings of the Trustees, shall serve such notices as may be proper or necessary, shall supervise the keeping of the records of the Association and shall discharge such other duties as pertain to the office or as prescribed by the Trustees.
12. Treasurer: The Treasurer shall do the following: Oversee and be responsible for the keeping of the books, have charge and custody of all funds of the Association, deposit such funds in the manner required by the Trustees, keep and maintain adequate and correct accounts of the Association's properties and business transactions, render reports and accounts as required, serve as chairperson of the Finance Committee, and shall discharge such other duties as pertain to the office or as prescribed by the Trustees.
13. Immediate Past President: The immediate Past President shall serve for one (1) year, and shall have such duties as prescribed by the Board of Trustees in the ITAA Guidelines Manual.
14. Office Manager: The Office Manager shall be the principal managing officer of the Association subject to the control of the President, Executive Committee, and the Board of Trustees. The Office Manager shall execute resolutions of the Board of Trustees and shall supervise and direct the day to-day business affairs and the staff operations of the Association. The Office Manager shall be a non-voting member of the Board of Trustees.
A contract of employment will be established between the Office Manager and the Association to be signed by the President and the Office Manager.
15. Executive Committee: The Executive Committee of the Board shall consist of those Trustees who are the office bearers of the Association, namely, the President, the President-Elect, the Past President, the Secretary, the Treasurer, the Vice Presidents.