The Scholarship Grant Fund (SGF) is one of two funds in the category called Fund Distribution, which was established by the ITAA Board of Trustees in 1983. The other is called The Eric Berne Fund for the future. SGF was designed "to provide training in transactional analysis for members with limited financial means and a commitment to become certified." In essence both funds were designed to disseminate our knowledge base as well as broaden our global paticipation.
Purpose of Grants
Grants may be considered for:
- Training in transactional analysis, including training fees, tuition for ongoing training or selected workshops, room and board (related to residential training only programs only), books and supplies, contract filing fees and both written & oral exam fees.
- Attending an ITAA conference in the form of a Conference Fee Waiver for registration for the main conference. Awards are NOT considered for pre-conference workshops, travel, room and board. Any ITAA member is entitled to one Conference Fee Waiver for hardship reasons beginning.
- ITAA Dues Waiver for hardship reasons.
- Grants are available to any ITAA member in any country who has been a member for one year prior to making application.
- The attached application must be completed in fall for all requests for training grants.
- The application does not need to be completed for either a Conference3 Fee Waiver request for Dues Waiver. Instead, applicants are requested to write, fax or e-mail the ITAA office stating what the requestis for and a brief explanation of the applicant's current situation.
- The purpose of offering grants in training to cultivate long-term, dedicated certified members. The posture of the Board is predicated on win-win-win -- for the trainee; the trainer or sponsor and the membership of the ITAA. So, the applicant is asked to consider the question: "Is the ITAA an organization to which I am willing to make a long-term commitment?"
- The maximum grant to a trainee is $1,200 per year ($600/semester) for a maximum over a three-year period of $3,600. Trainees must re-apply, updating their application each year.
- ITAA advanced member, serving as supervisors and trainers, are expected to make economic adjustments in training fees and charges to those applying for and receiving training grants.
- Any applicant who has not been a member of the ITAA for one full year and receives a grant, agrees to remain a member of the ITAA for a minimum of three years following the final grant disbursement. Complete details and contract are outlined in Appendix 39, page 167 of the Training and Certification manual.
Download the Scholarship Grant Fund Application for Financial Aid.
Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader.